5/25/2006

B. Fleischmann - The Humbucking Coil (Morr)



I've literally forgotten what's so vital about intelligent electronica. Even with a band like Matmos, who makes it so very clear that they are trying to relate to the Karma Loop-buying, sushi-eating, fjord-sipping hipster, it seems to make sense to the band, a small group of allegiant fans, and Ryan Schreiber. I've never particularly disliked truly celebrated, innovative electronica (read: Autchre, Aphex Twin, Richard Dorfmeister), but sometimes it can be a little too much for me.

B. Fleischmann has always hit my radar, mostly because of his collaborations with Jimmy Tamborello and the Album Leaf. And then there's the whole thing about him being buddies with Erlend Oye...eh. They're all German, and they all are great. I was pleasantly surprised to hear The Humbucking Coil, though. It still is the same old live instruments/vocals/crazy panning as you're used to hearing from the ambient techno cronies. It's very subtle, very melancholy, and very lovely. Not as many blips as I am used to from this guy, but I still adore it.

His voice sounds like Boston singer/songwriter (and my BBQ buddy) Ad Frank, which always kind of freaks me out. But then I remember that Ad would straight out tell me that he fucking hates his life, and B. Fleischmann just beats around the bush. I love that goddamn bush.

B.Fleischmann - "First Times"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home